Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) service update
There is currently an external telephone issue affecting the Prescription Ordering Direct (POD) service. Work is underway to resolve this as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
More public events planned for Future Fit consultation
Three new public events have been announced as part of the Future Fit consultation to give local people further opportunities to find out more about proposals to transform local hospital services.
The new events were announced as the Future Fit Programme Board agreed to extend the consultation by one week until midnight on Tuesday 11 September 2018.
The additional pop-in Q&A sessions have been organised in Bishop’s Castle (8 August), Woodside in Telford (29 August) and Welshpool (30 August).
Local people are invited to drop in at any time between 4pm and 7pm. The sessions are in addition to two additional public exhibition events announced earlier this month, which will take place in Whitchurch and Newport.
Dr Simon Freeman, Accountable Officer at NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), said: “We are committed to giving local people every opportunity to have their say on our proposals, so we are pleased to be able to be holding three more events in Bishops Castle, Telford and Welshpool.
“More than 550 people have attended our first six public exhibition events, which took place in June and July, so thank you to everyone who has taken the time to come and talk to us and ask their questions. We value the feedback we have already received and we are pleased that so many local people have found these events to be so worthwhile.”
Mr David Evans, Chief Officer at NHS Telford & Wrekin CCG, said: “It’s important that everyone has their say and these new events are an ideal opportunity for local people to speak to doctors, nurses and other healthcare staff about the Future Fit proposals and what it means for them.
The Q&A sessions, which people can drop into anytime between 4pm and 7pm, are being held on:
- 8 August The Church Barn, Church Lane, Bishops Castle SY9 5AF
- 29 August Park Lane Centre, Park Lane, Woodside, Telford TF8 5QZ
- 30 August The Royal Oak Hotel, The Cross, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7DG
There will also be public exhibition events on 9 August at Cosy Hall, Water Lane, Newport TF10 7LD and on 21 August at Whitchurch Civic Centre, High Street, Whitchurch SY13 1AX. People are welcome to drop in to these events any time from 3.30pm to 7.30pm.
The events give local people the opportunity for people to meet doctors, nurses and other health professionals, ask questions, find out more about the proposals and complete a survey. The pop-in Q&A sessions will feature a minimum of two clinicians, plus executive directors from the commissioning organisations.
Details of the events can be found on the Get Involved page on the Future Fit website at: www.nhsfuturefit.org/get-involved
There are many ways to get involved in the consultation.
- Attend a public event or meeting in public – visit the Get Involved page for the venues, dates and times
- Pick up consultation documents and surveys at one of more than 70 pop-up events or read them online
- Fill out our online survey
- Complete the survey, which is available in the consultation documents and at events, and post it free of charge to FREEPOST NHS FF CONSULTATION
- Write to us at: FREEPOST NHS FF CONSULTATION
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request materials by calling 0300 3000 903 (24-hour answer machine)
- Follow us on social media: Twitter: @NHSFutureFit, Facebook: facebook.com/nhsff