Pathways and Guidelines
Pathways and guidelines are listed alphabetically.
If you cannot find what you are looking for please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Process for AKI e-Alerts and summary actions for GPs:
The Autism including Asperger’s and ADHD Pathway is available here.
British Pregnancy Advisory Service (BPAS) provides 'Termination of Pregnancy Services (TOPS)' in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin.
- BPAS Shrewsbury - Radbrook Green Surgery, Bank Farm Road, Radbrook, Shrewsbury. SY3 6DU
Session times: Monday 09.00 - 16.30 and Tuesday 08.30 - 17.00
- BPAS Telford - Based in the Open Clinic Sexual Health Services, Bishton Court, Ironmasters Way, Telford. TF3 4JE
Session times: Wednesday 8.00 - 17.30
Call 03457 30 40 30 (open 24/7) - patients can self-refer
More information on can be found at www.bpas.org
- Atrial Fibrillation Pathway (August 2018)
- Heart Failure Pathway (August 2018)
- Hypertension Pathway (August 2018)
Prescribing guidelines for Management of COPD in Primary Care:
Diabetes (Type 2)
Disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs)
- Patient Pathway for Initiating and Monitoring DMARDs in Rheumatology Service (June 2018)
- Shared care agreement – DMARDs
Please see the 'Shared care agreements' page for drug-specific shared care agreement documents
Information on how to access to Faecal Calprotectin Testing within Primary Care:
- Suspected IBDIBS Pathway (July 2018)
Shropshire CCG has commissioned Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust (SaTH) to provide a Faecal Calprotectin testing service as part of a primary care pathway for adults presenting to their GP with lower gastrointestinal symptoms.
Immunisation and Vaccination Queries pathway
- Immunisation and Vaccination Queries pathway (December 2018)
Individual Funding Requests (IFR) Policy
- Please see our Commissioning Policies page for the Individual Funding Requests Policy and Individual Funding Requests Form.
To support good practice in referrals NHS Shropshire CCG has subscribed to the online access to Radiology Referral Guidelines (iRefer) from the Royal College of Radiologists.
The CCG has procured a number of concurrent licences for Primary Care colleagues to have online access to the guidelines. In addition the CCC agreed, in March of this year, that decisions concerning direct access referrals for Radiology and particular for MRI scans should be made in line with these guidelines.
Some technical connectivity issues have now been clarified so practices can now start using the guidelines as part of the referral process.
- An updated version of the process is available here
- Guidance on how to locate the correct guideline is available on the The Royal College of Radiologists (RCR) website
If you have any queries please contact the CCG Primary Care Team by email to SHRCCG.PrimaryCare@nhs.net.
For any documents regarding Medicines management guidance or policies refer to the medicines management pages
Musculoskeletal (MSK) Pathways
The following Musculoskeletal (MSK) Pathways are available:
- Carpal Tunnel Pathway
- Foot and Ankle and Shoulder Pathway (December 2014)
- Hip Pathway (Feb 2018)
- Knee Pathway (Feb 2018)
- Mechanical-Spine-LBP (January 2014)
- Physiotherapy (MSK) Referral Pathway (October 2018)
- Spine RJAH Referral Guide (January 2014)
- See also: Muscles, Joints and Bones (Musculoskeletal MSK)
NHSE High Impact Interventions: Elective Care - MSK Triage:
Changes to the pathway for orthopaedic referrals
From 1st April 2018, all routine orthopaedic referrals should be sent via NHS Shropshire CCGs Referral Assessment Service (RAS). They will be reviewed and triaged by the Shropshire Orthopaedic Outreach Service (SOOS). For more information please see here.
Musculoskeletal Patient Leaflets
You can access a range of patient leaflets on the RJAH website (including Achilles Tendinopathy, Plantar Fasciitis, Acute Tibalis Posterior Tendonitis (Medial Ankle Pain), Hallux Valgus (Bunion) and Metatarsalgia).
Pain Management Pathway
- Pain Pathway - March 2014[pdf] 208KB
- Bronchiolitis guidelines
- Clinical assessment tool for use with paediatric pathways
- Gastroenteritis in children under 5
- Wheezing in children under 2 years
- Wheezing in children over 2 years
Respiratory Viral Nose and Throat Swab Procedure
Shropshire Diabetes Guidelines
NHS Shropshire CCG guidelines for the management of type 2 diabetes (for more supporting documents go to the Endocrine drug formulary section)
Value Based Commissioning Policies
(formerly Policy for Procedures of Limited Clinical Value)
- Please see our Commissioning Policies page.